Monday 5 October 2015

Politics fan the flame in daily life

Courtesy- Pallav Kumar


Last Saturday i.e., 26-9-15 was a very dramatic day for me and my family, when the spectre of communal tension reached at our door steps..
In Ranchi, in an area where we formerly lived some one had thrown a piece of banned meat at a Kali temple early morning....now that we have shifted from there, but my dad still has to go through there to reach his office. Ranchi had caught high fever that day, which he was completely unaware of..... He still had no idea of the event even when he noticed the public transport having dried up and only few autos plying... Instead of waiting for one, he took an alternative way to reach office early where he had to considerably walk a bit to reach there.... Just when he was a few distance away, he noticed miscreants protesting. Curious to know what had happened, he got indulged in the crowd.
The matter seemed very serious to him , and he thought to be there for a little more time.. Unfortunately he somehow got into a scuffle...sustained only minor injuries, but his shirt got totally torn off.... I happened to call my mom that day at around 3:00 pm who informed me of the event... Frantically I called my dad back...and was relieved to know he was safe....
My dad told me that the CM Raghuvar Das (incidently or on purpose) was in Jamshedpur for four hours in first half that day...and the police remained inactive for as much time while the protesters were at large....
It was one experience that made me feel how it feels like when your near &dear ones get caught up in communal tensions....
Ranchi has a significant population of settlers who originally come from bihar...and commutation between Bihar and Jharkhand takes place in large numbers daily.... And the incident seems to be deliberately orchestrated to score brownie points keeping in mind the coming elections in Bihar...
I can't turn a blind eye to incidents like these...even when none of my dear ones are involved.. I have always had a hint of the design of some category of idiots who only have two purposes....firstly, create as much animosity between communities as possible & ....secondly, tarnish the reputation of some freedom fighters who emphatically stood for unity among communities primarily mahatma Gandhi and jawaharlal Nehru.

No comments:

Post a Comment