Monday 5 October 2015

Hindi Aspires...

He  taught me at Hansraj in my final year of graduation.He passed out from Hindu. He had a lot of affection for his mother tongue(even mine) Hindi.He is Assistant Professor in Delhi University.He is Vineet Kumar. At that point of time I was a little embarrased for the literature of my language.Though I was pursuing B.A.(honours) in Hindi literature.
My argument was that whats the use of studying a form of language which plays no role in your conversation.Actually, the Hindi language taught in the universities of India is very different from the contemporary use of language.And he taught me how to use this language professionally.Its ironical that market uses hindi to persuade people in various ways but they don’t often involve hindi scholars.Whereas outsiders such as bollywood lyricists like Prasun Joshi and Neelesh Misra are in huge demand.Dr Irshad Kamil is an exception here.
Once in a interview to Loksabha or Rajyasabha channel,I don’t remember exactly,Vineet(he never asked me to treat him as a senior) said that till we don’t treat Hindi as a language of knowledge and research,beyond kavita,kahani,upanyas (poems,stories,novels),we can’t be judgemental for its well-being.And he tried it on his level.His website hunkaar  witness his work on hindi.
Today when I walk around the street in New Delhi,I hardly find the nameplates of shops written in hindi.Outskirts we may have some but our identity is hidden from the heart of capital city,i.e.,Connaught Place,which is a place of attraction for most of the foreigners.
Branding is essential for Hindi,which is only possible when the language is economically acceptable.The new Prime Minister of India seem to be conscious about the Hindi language.
There should not be any language battle.Every language should be respected.

This he taught me at college.You will regard any language if you have faith in your own language.


No comments:

Post a Comment